"I'm spinning round the room in awe" ryan adams

Friday, August 02, 2002

July 27, 2002

The Swedes deserve thanks for many things…namely chocolate, good music, and IKEA.

Every so often I have to make the trek to IKEA, and pay homage to the domestic gods. I didn’t need anything, but you always come back with something practical when you visit the blue and gold building that is Mecca. I think half of my apartment is IKEA. For example, today I purchased a frying pan (we have a few, but you can never have enough, especially not 2 of them for $6.95), circular containers (we just love our containers in this apartment…make food to last a week, hide it in the fridge and find it 3 months later), bamboo (why do I keep getting plants, my room is like a forest), and a green neon dish scrubber shaped like a daschund (to match my neon green dragon noodle scooper that I got a few months earlier). Quality. It’s like a bonding experience. All the shoppers frantically carrying their measuring tape and gold and blue oversized bags to each display of kitschy mass produced items of household goodness.