"I'm spinning round the room in awe" ryan adams

Monday, August 05, 2002

So when I came back from Cancun all I wanted to do was shower and sleep and eat. But no, I was greeted by a swarm of ants in my room. And they weren't marching.

So I released my angst by crushing them with my index finger. Ahhh...what power I possess over the mighty ant. The gross thing was when I shook my keyboard about 10 ants fell out. Dead, dead, dead, dead........ So this fiasco has been going on each time I sit at my computer. For the past few days I go though my ritual of mass destruction then go on my merry way on the internet. Every so often I discover a straggler. But there aren't a lot of ants, no more then 10 at my initial sitting, then a few throughout the rest of the day. But they are only around my desk, no where else. So about ten minutes ago I destroyed three of them, no worries, it wasn't a harsh death, very quick. But this one ant was carrying a piece of food. I couldn't crush him. I felt bad because I think I killed all of his friends. I figured I would let this one go because he was brave enough to venture out and find dinner for the ant crew. They were all probably watching me, the master of their fate, cheering him on and taking bets on the time of his demise. So I let him go.

But tomorrow he better watch out....