"I'm spinning round the room in awe" ryan adams

Sunday, September 15, 2002

Oh what an awesome day. Start at Rainbow Records and end at East End and in between a road trip and a concert.
Work was fun, always is. The Nate and I trekked to Baltimore to see Cinema 8 pmay the Volkswagon festival. They were great. I guess I should start at the rest stop...
So I guess I have this "habit" of misdriving, it's not that I drive inattentively, it's just that I have misadventures. Like not even seeing red lights, for example. Well, I went through the truck part of the rest stop and was trying to figure out how to get my little Cabrio out of the maze of big rigs. Apparently there was an innocent bystander standing in my treacherous path. In slow motion, Nate brought up his arm and pointed at him telling me to watch out. The poor guy was like a deer in headlights and was so startled that he had froze and jumped up. Of course I hadn't, and still haven't been able to get that image out of my mind. Poor guy. I think he shit himself.
Amazingly we made it Johns Hopkins University. Alive. We almost died when I had to cut across oncmoming traffic suddenly onto a road I couldn;t see. there was a guy on the telephone right on the corner. I think he said "Damn that crazy white girl don't know how to drive. I think she tried to kill me." I saw the whites of his fearful eyes. Nate said I am not allowed to drive in unfamiliar places again. Oh, and I hate mapquest. What gives. There is n exit right off 95 for JHU, but noooo they want to take us 15 miles through Baltimore. Regardless we found the place. And Michael rocks and got me a press pass and a VIP ticket to get in, so we enjoyed a very cool show.
On the drive back we missed an accident by minutes and beat the ambulance there. So Nate and his kick ass EMT self went and helped the people. Luckily no one was seriously injured, but it looked like one doozy of an accident. The we were entertained by Radiohead and Wilco.
Hello exit 109. Hellow Newark. Hello East End. So we end the night with 1/2 priced burgers and drinks at East End.
Yawn. I am tired. Good night.