"I'm spinning round the room in awe" ryan adams

Saturday, May 03, 2003

Let's see what else happened...oh yeah, so a few days later....

Aurora and I drive up to Fords, NJ to see Finch do an instore at Vintage Vinyl. We get there and its swamped, so we decide not to stay. Pat McGee Band was playing in Princeton which was on the way home, so we decided to stop there as well. took us about an hour to find out where they were playing, but we found it and snuck in. Chardy found me immediately and it was bittersweet. And Lauren!!!!! Lauren is great, I met her a few years ago at Ursinus. her and I will ALWAYS be PMB dorks. She stood next to me at a show a few years ago and we started talking and we realized that we had both gone to UD. So we started going to some shows together. the famous PMB Deer Park stop involved Lauren as well ;-) If you see any pictures on my site with myself in it, more than likely, Lauren is in them as well. We have run into each other occasionally in the past year, but hadn't scheduled any shows. Ironically she is good friends with Michelle's boufriend Jason and we all last spent Homecoming together. So Lauren was tehre and she snuck in too and it was odd. So we go up and I swearl it was like Ivy Girls Gone Wild. Princeton girls should not drink. Ever. because they cannot hold their alcohol and they become lesbianesque and bothersome. I guess i am being hypocritical, but for PMB shows, I always LOATHED the drunken assholes at the shows and could never understand why people would want to drink so much at the show and not enjoy it. But of course, if you are a loyal reader and have read about my escapades at the Logan House, you see that I am being contradictory. I do stupid shit, but I don't think i have ever been so shitfaced that I am an utter asshole. or at least, when I am, haha, i am not in the front few rows of a show. I am in the back not bothering the people up front. There, that being said, i wil continue. And they ended with "Where the Streets have No Name". it was amazing and I ate my words. there has been a lot of word eating lately. I didn't exactly boycott PMB, but the change in music, the subtraction of AL and Johnathon and the alteration of the 'crowd" has changed the whole scene for me. But man, I have missed it and I realized it then. A lot of me has been involved with various aspects of PMB...from hitting the road to bars to the music. it's defnitely been an influence on the past few years. i can't even begin.....

So yeah we had to jet out of there and be in Baltimore by 9 pm because I was being merch bitch for Army of Me that night at Fletchers. i can't even tell you how many times I have eaten a Wawa dinner while speeding down 95. i swear, those two weeks, 95 was definitely my bitch. Good times at Fletchers. Army of Me and 33 West were really cool.

Head home because I think I worked the next day. I can't remember.