"I'm spinning round the room in awe" ryan adams

Monday, September 06, 2004

a victim of fashion

I am probably the least girly girly when it comes to shoes. All of my girlfriends have at least ten pairs, some :::cough cough, Maryellen, cough cough::: have more shoes than I will probably own in my lifetime.

I will even tell you what shoes I own. First off, my trusty Asics - my favorite brand of running show. Second, we have the rocketdogs, which are grey and my mother hates them. I absolutely love them. I picked them up en route the music conference in Harrisburg and have brought me good times ever since. They are the premier shoe for cold weather or when I need to be about an inch taller. Third, I have my purple roos. Also picked up at the same place I got my rocketdogs, but at a different time. The purple roos are the casual shoe of choice. Fourth, you have the black ballet slippers, which are also rocketdogs. The ballet slippers can pretty much be busted out at anytime. But the true love of my life are my black flip flops. They could quite possibly be one of my favorite things that I own. I think I wear them non stop from degree 60 on up and its always a sad day when they are put away. They used to be uniformly one inch high, but since I wear them all of the time, they are now perfectly molded to my foot. Flops are the greatest things ever.

I went out in Philadelphia the other night, and did not wear any of the above shoes. I stumbled up black dressier shoes. They weren't heels (which I think I have only worn about five times before in my life), but were higher and strappier and more girly. OUCH OUCH OUCH OUCH OUCH!! Why the hell do you girls put yourself in such torture?!?!??!?! I have five bandaids on my feet now and they are all cut an blistered! OWWWWW!!! I didn't even do much walking, only a few blocks here and there and mostly standing at bars or swaying to music. OW! I finally threw them off on the way back to the car and walked barefoot on the cobblestones.

Stupid shoes, back to my flops. They never hurt me.