"I'm spinning round the room in awe" ryan adams

Tuesday, October 15, 2002

Now my rant.....and I am sorry melissa i have tried to make my last few blogs amusing just for you since i know it is the highlight of your day, but i feel like blah

Too make a long complicated story short, I had Mono a few years ago but it was misdiagnosed and because of that misdiagnosis, I now have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. It has no cure and can take months to years for it to go away if it ever does. I don't have bouts of it too often, only a few times a year, but it is triggered by stress and usually hits me hard. Yeah, I am going through it now and I can't even explain the pain that I am enduring. The throat is always the worst for me. And 4 cups of hot herbal tea in the past hour has done squat. And I hate medicine. I always use medicine as a last reserve and try to use natural remedies to make everything better. But with what I have , it isn't viral, so it's not like anything would help, just mask the pain. So grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr................
And i was going to find a medical list of symptons so you can share my fun, but found some cool stuff on WebMD that I didn't even know before and so now i feel like i sounded like a doctor up above. i will leave you with some informational medical gibberish so you will feel fulfilled and entertained.....hopefully by the time you are done reading, i will be asleep...
-Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) may develop without warning in a person who has not been sick. In some cases it develops after a viral illness, such as mononucleosis (mono) or influenza (flu), or after a period of unusual stress.
-Forgetfulness, memory loss, confusion, or difficulty concentrating.
Sore throat.
Tender lymph nodes in the neck or armpits.
Muscle pain.
Joint pain without redness or swelling.
New headaches.
Unrefreshing sleep (waking up feeling tired or unrested).
Fatigue that lasts more than 24 hours after exercise or exertion at a level that the person was able to do in the past without fatigue.