"I'm spinning round the room in awe" ryan adams

Saturday, May 17, 2003

This is in Whitney's profile and oh how sadly its ture...

As I prepare to graduate from UD, I was thinking back on what I thought college would teach me, and how that compared to what I actually learned.

What I thought I UD would teach me:
1. The world is a very diverse place, filled with different kinds of people.
2. There's a lot of smart people out there, and you have to work hard to compete with them.
3. Vital skills that would help me get a job.

What UD actually taught me:
1. Everyone is white, upper middle class, and either Jewish or Methodist.
2. 98% of the people in the world are dumbasses. When talking to someone in class or at a party, speak slowly and use simple words or you'll confuse them.
3. Communication is a bullshit major. I will now proceed to find a wealthy 95 year old man and marry him.