"I'm spinning round the room in awe" ryan adams

Wednesday, October 22, 2003

The Funk Box

October 17
Aurora and I owed the LDE guys. Big time. We ditched their show to see Graham Colton Band & Jonasay. We hang our heads in shame....

So we head to the Funk Box! Fools & Horses, who Amanda, Marissa, and I met at Dewey, were opening up for Lloyd Dobler Effect. Hell Yeah! So we load up the cars (Aurora, Marissa, Amanda, Meg, and myself) and hit up I-95 south. But first a stop at Wawa where Marissa made her first coffee :-).

We get to the scary section of Baltimore, park, and drink in the parking lot. The Funk Box is now one of my favorite venues. Just a cool atmosphere and very clean. Aurora and I see Rusty on the second floor and go say hi, then hit the green rooms, which were purple. Say hi to everyone there. As soon as Phil saw us, he forgave us and said that as soon as he saw the listing for the State Theatre (Graham and Jonasay), he knew we weren't coming. At least he looks out for us. So we crack open a few drinks and catch up. I go downstairs to see the rest of Folls and Horses, then bring Marissa upstairs to meet everyone. Matt played a few solo songs, so Bill and Tim ran upstairs and surprisingly ran into us. They then told everyone up there that its usually the bands who try to find floors of places to sleep on, but it was reversed in Dewey, where it was the girls trying to find a place to stay and them letting us use their place and they left early. Very entertaining to all there haha.
LDE put on a great show. March was the last full fledged LDE show we have seen, we won't count the LH shows. After we headed out to the Fools & Horses house. Aurora and I left around 3 am to head home since we both had to wake up early Saturday morning for Homecoming.