"I'm spinning round the room in awe" ryan adams

Thursday, October 17, 2002

Now added to my long list of "things that Miranda should not be allowed to play with": hot irons. Let me embellish.....
I am cursed with naturally curly hair, so I straighten it every morning with a straightening iron. As I tam typing this, I have two large burn marks on my forehead. I look like freaking Gorbachev. I also have a scar on my foot and a permanent triangle on my forearm.
On the bottom of my left foot I have a bubble that has not gone away in months. You see...I plug in my straightening iron, but since my sink does not have space on the edges, it heats up on the floor. Yeah...early in the morning, I am not that swift, I accidently stepped on it. Oh I woke up right quick.
And the arm. Two years ago I was ironing my shirt while it was on me. Oh come on, I didn't want to take it off and i didnt have an ironing board. Well, I missed and the tip of the iron singed my arm. Hence the triangle.
Now that I think about it, in my mom's house, I left an iron mark. I dropped the iron onto the carpert and the carpet is made out of synthetic material so the iron melted the carpet into a nice glossy triangle. The couch is over it now.
So now ironing has been added to my list of "Problems Miranda has with Domesticity". We have already tackled cooking and ironing, laundry is next. Stay tuned.