"I'm spinning round the room in awe" ryan adams

Friday, August 15, 2003

cuff me

Tonight one of the greatest pranks was pulled off. I am not going to write on whose brainchild it was, nor the strategy, but will tell you what happened....

So we're all at the White House talking and hanging out and not doing anything productive. Karen and I go to Wawa while Epler goes to the studio. Oh wait, no we don't. We go to the parking lot instead and wait for Jay to get arrested for trespassing at the White House...

Dave, who Ed is good friends with and who I went to high school with was a Dewey cop as well as a UD Public Safety officer. So he barges in the White House and asks Jay for ID since there have been a lot of break-ins in the area. Dave proceeds to scour over the room with his flashlight and stops on the Captain who was chilling on the desk, minding its own business. FRISK AND FIELD TEST TIME!!! Against the wall and spread them!!! While Dave was in the other room calling in Jay's info to the police, Jay text messages me telling me what was going on, as if we weren't outside the window trying to hear the hoopla. Well, then Dave tells Jay that it is policy to cuff the suspect and bring them to the office...

Jays look when he came out of the WH in cuffs was priceless. It was seriously like a ten minute ordeal in there. SO we all laugh and good times were had. I think Jay is still mad at us.

Come on, all is fair in love and war. :-D The TV station is built on laughter and poking fun. It's like initiatiobn...like veryone has to drive with me at least once to be considered a crew member ;-) haha JK.