"I'm spinning round the room in awe" ryan adams

Tuesday, January 13, 2004

"i've had doubts, but I'm not going to face them"

Haha since I am in a copy/paste kinda mood, I figured I would let you into one of my closest friend jen's life...

While I drove to Hoboken on Tuesday, Jen and Karen went to see Jonasay's last live show. I just couldn't do it. Too much of myself has been wrapped up in that band for me to go to anything semi-final. I just felt really great on how far along we have all grown together. I introduced Jen and Karen, among others, to the Jonatunes, and I was just so very happy that they went and we kept in contact via cell. Gotta love technology.

I almost cried reading this from laughter and sorrow and the reminder of how much fun we all have when we go out:
[And sadness and pleasure so close together...I can’t seem to tell the difference...Better take it all, I guess. - ryan montbleau]
From Jen's online journal (yes, we all have them, we're all so damn busy this is the only way we know what is really going on with each other)

"Last night I went with the lovely Miss Karen to Baltimore to see Jonasay play. I haven't seen Karen in ages, so it was great to catch up with her and find out what she's been up to. We got to the bar, a nice place in Fells Point called Horse You Came In On, which is an odd name for a bar come to think of it. We said hi to the guys and talked to a fan...we think his name was Havek? who bought us each two beers, which was quality. He also is a gynocologist and proceeded to tell us stories about his patients all night - which is the very reason Karen and I said we'd never want to go to a male gynocologist. But he was pretty cool and free beers, so no complaints. During the set Karen and I got a little carried away dancing with each other, which prompted this old guy - had to have been at least 60 - to come up to us repeatedly and try to dance or flirt or Lord knows what, all we know is it was reallly nasty. We tried to play the lesbian card but I think that only turned him on more, and we kept catching him over with his friends pointing at us. But that didn't stop the dancing.

Aside from the scary touchy grandfather type, we had such a blast, it was great to see the guys again and I loved Quality Time with Karen...hey when she gets her talk show thats what she should name it We kept talking about how we never thought we'd be at the point in our lives where itd be normal to drive an hour to see a show at a little bar, and that saying you hadn't seen a band in over two months would feel like such a long time. "

We kept talking about how we never thought we'd be at the point in our lives where itd be normal to drive an hour to see a show at a little bar, and that saying you hadn't seen a band in over two months would feel like such a long time. i absolutely love them and am so happy that i have impacted them in some sort of strangeness - we've come a long way...