"I'm spinning round the room in awe" ryan adams

Tuesday, March 02, 2004

don't let it get you down

My friends are so amazingly talented and strong. I am so fortunate to be surrounded by such wonderful people and consider myself lucky. And perhaps it is because I assimilate myself around super intelligent and/or gifted people regardless of their craft - whether it be art, athletics, music, etc - because that is who I have been around and associated with for most of my life. We understand each other. Kinda like in high school, where you have the cliques of the kids who involved themselves in various things, and those who just went. Life is like that. Its the same now, most of my friends are tremendous musicians, artisans, and pro or almost pro equestrians. We have the same forward mindset.

In addition to being extremely skilled, my friends are incredibly strong. We're used to adversity and overcoming obstacles without a guise of hesistation, its how we do.

What I am leading towards is...
I recently found out that one of my most beautiful artist friend was raped a few years ago. She is so confident and carries herself with such an admirable flair. While talking recently, she told me about her past. Don't worry, I'm not breaching any code of confidence. But it just amazed me on how she dealt with it and how it helped her become who she is today. Granted it does still haunt her, but she shows no sign of weakness or having that unfortunate event block her from anything. Good for her and I smile to know that I am friends with one of the strongest girls I've encountered. Just another person kicking a challenge in the face and prevailing.