"I'm spinning round the room in awe" ryan adams

Tuesday, March 02, 2004

Freebird!

I scored tickets to 38 Special and Lynyrd Skynyrd at the Bob on Sunday. I have never seen so many leather jackets and mullets in one place before. Scary!! I went with some horsey people and my mom, so it was interesting. While waiting on people, I saw Dave Balseiro in the parking lot so my mom and I caught up with him for a little bit. Strange, now that I think about it, I think I have known him the longest out of everyone I still talk to. Wow. Almost ten years!

I snuck in vodka and my camera past the pat down guys and proceeded to watch the show from some not good seats. The seats weren't bad, but the view was odd. So we see an open 2nd row and just go down there and act confident. That lasted for a few songs till we got caught so we just went to another section in the front. I thought 38 Special was better than Lynyrd Skynryd. Not that I really know their music, but the performance was a lot better.

So it was rock and roll, but I have seen better shows. Definitely not worth what a lot of people paid for the tickets. And my mom who was tipsy was hilarious. She kept saying stuff she shouldn't have been saying. Such as "wal-mart must have closed early..." Not too bright to say in front of the biker men with Confederate flag bandanas.

But I did get to hear Freebird live and the homage they did to the brother was great. But yeah, that was the best part of the show. Its was good, I have just seen better. :-)