"I'm spinning round the room in awe" ryan adams

Sunday, July 11, 2004

wow i suck when it comes to stoves

I don't even know if I should write this because I know you all are just going to hang your heads in shame...

My apartment smells like burnt plastic. Which, if you are not familiar with the smell, it is heinous. Why does my apartment smell like burnt plastic? Let me tell you.

For dinner, I decided to make wheat pasta, sliced tomatoes, steamed spinach, and olive oil. So I fire up the stove so I can boil two pots of water. I'm at my computer when I smell something reminescent of something burning - unfortunately an all too familiar scent to me. I look over toward my kitchen, and see smoke. Oh man, NOT AGAIN!!

So I dash into my kitchen and see that I had left some plastic containers on one of the burners and I had turned it on to the top notch. I struggled trying to pry the melted containers off the burner, but I won.

Ok, so I turned two burners on, just one of them was not for the two pot occupied burners. Ok, I want you all to look at your stoves. Of the four burner knobs, do they go front left, front right, top left, top right OR front left, top left, top right, front right? I thought my stove was the first set up, not the second. It just feels natural to have the two front ones first, then the back ones.

Well I sure learned a lesson today.