"I'm spinning round the room in awe" ryan adams

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

a 2500 mile away pick me up

On the subway home I thought of many different things to blog about, but now I forget. Just too much to do, not enough time to do it in, and no room to breathe. I apologize for all of the texts, e-mails, IMs, and calls that I have not returned...please don't take it personally, I'll come around. Promise. :-) Trust me, I have even told my mom that she won't hear from me unless she e-mails me. Just think of it this way, if I am super busy, that just means I'll that much more interesting when you next hear from me and I'll have stories. ;-)

Needless to say, today was one of those days - just a ton of things piling up at work as well as offers and promotion stuff non work work related coming in. There's a guy I talk to several times a day over on the west coast and usually I enjoy talking to him because he's super sweet and just a cool guy. Everytime a new Pollstar, Rolling Stone, or Billboard comes out, Laura and I scour them to find the faces of the people we usually talk to on the phone. So far this guy hasn't come up and we think that there should be an assistants issue on the shelves so that we all can see what each other looks like. Its funny when we find familiar names and get to match them with faces, they end up not looking at all like how we imagined! But yeah, back to the west coast. I had to call this guy a few times within ten minutes for show info and I figured that he thought that I was being a pain in the ass. He apparently got short with me, thought I didn't notice at all. A few minutes later I get an e-mail from him apologizing to me and hoping that I had a good day. He explained that things were going crazy in the office. I wrote him back saying no harm was done and that I completely understood. But it was realy cool, to know that we were both going through similiar days. Brings some normalcy to our chaos.