"I'm spinning round the room in awe" ryan adams

Friday, January 30, 2004

are you ready for some football?

Shmooper Bowl is this Sunday. Woohoo, I am rooting for the Pats.

HAHHAHA. So the past few years the Super Bowl festivities were always held at my old apartment. And I absolutely love this story, one of the highlights of last year.

So of course, jello shots were the snack of choice anytime any gathering was had at 5208 (super secret special recipe) and so we had the fun idea of taking a shot everytime the team we were rooting for screwed up. Yeah well, I was cheering on the Raiders and if you noted Rich Gannon's performance you will realize that I was plastered. We made a ton of shots and we had a ton of food. This detail will come in handy later.

After the game, Dave (Karen's ex) came over with a friend and Jesse stopped by. The five of us were hanging out in the dining room with 5 jello shots left on the table. We figured we ought to finish them off, but karen tells us she can't - that she is too full from jello and junk food.

So of course Dave and I get into this rant on how there is always room for jello and i think Dave even busted out the cosby voice. Regardless, we convince her to take it.

And well, sometimes there ISN'T enough room for jello.

:-) She knows we love her hehe. I swear we are all only here to provide amusement to others, but still one of my favorite stories of 5208, and trust me, we have plenty. The year before that we heard bitching and whining the whole time because someone had to student teach the next day. Oh THAT was enjoyable. Wonder what this years super bowl will bring.