"I'm spinning round the room in awe" ryan adams

Tuesday, March 09, 2004

west james on the radio

Friday was the usual awesomeness that it generally is.

Evan, Ed, & Matt sat in with me during my radio show, and it went pretty well. We played a lot of songs that will be on the upcoming album, as well as a few live tracks. The "interview" was interesting as well. And I can honestly say I have never been embarassed on air before until that broadcast. And for me to say that after being the news anchor on STN and saying some pretty dumbass stuff is saying a lot!! Towards the end of show, the guys asked if they can turn the interview around and ask me some questions. Thinking I had nothing to lose, I say yes. So then Evan asks if I am single. This wouldn't be a big deal, but I have attracted some male stalkers via my radio show in recent months, so I stammered and tried to change the subject, not that I didn't want to give him an answer, I just didn't want to give an answer on air. The mics are still on and I think it was Evan who asked what I look for in a drummer then says that Ed thought I was cute or was asking about me or something to that effect. All on air. I was so flustered that I forgot what was even said, I just put on some Fighting Gravity. It wasn't them, it was just me not wanting to disclose that stuff on air and salvage some integrity with my show. My face was so red. Thankfully Maryellen called me at the studio and I cowered in the corner of the WVUD office embarrassed. I didn't mean to offend anyone, I just was put in an odd position and didn't know what to do! At least Maryellen made me feel better haha.