"I'm spinning round the room in awe" ryan adams

Tuesday, August 17, 2004

another lesson in maturity

For the most part, I consider myself a pretty mature person. I never really engage in anything too risky-just the usual fast life and heavy drinking and lack of common sense sometimes...aside from that whole Canada thing...and Vermont thing...and um, Boston thing...and um...yeah...alright, forget that last comment.

I guess I could restate that as being that my sense of humor has never been overly perverse, surprisingly enough since most of my friends my entire life have been guys. Or maybe just recently I have become more carefree and my mouth has been a bit more loose. I pretty much grew up without a childhood and was thrust into maturity at a young age, one in part being that I was involved in a competive sport (equestrian) and two because of most of my living situations...

I just read the word "pianist" and it reminded me of a conversation Rob and I had at work on Sunday (where we are both at the record store from open to close, so we get a little loopy). So I will share:

Sundays are our days to talk so we were telling stories so the day would fly by. I was telling him a Marlon Spike related story, and though I can't remember what we were talking about, Rob used the word "pianist" and I bursted out laughing. He paused, because he had no idea what was so funny. I regained composure, and he said "pianist" again. And again, I laughed, but this time he understood why without me explaining. So of course Rob starts laughing and tells me that its not a funny word. He also informs me that if I am ever sitting at a table with some big time record execs and they say the word "pianist" and I laugh, I would blow it. kWhich made me laugh even more just picturing it.

Afterwards, we decided that we are going to go to Iceland in November to go dancing.