"I'm spinning round the room in awe" ryan adams

Friday, August 05, 2005

the depressing part of the week, with a pick me up

Well Thursday was one of those day's I won't forget ever. A lot of tension and stress and frustration was released by all parties and as a result, our artist roster is not the same as it was Thursday morning. And that is all I am going to say about that because people involved read this and it really isn't public knowledge.

So yeah, it was kinda like the calm after the storm, though no on really said much. Some Lloyd Dobler Effect things were rolling in the evening and I am really excited about what I am laying down in prep for the fall.

Needless to say after just a mentally daunting day, I came home and grabbed a beer. So much was racing through my mind and I had so much to do. In the middle of talking to Cheryl about the 105 crazy things that had happened to me that day, my phone rings...

Mr. Jim Johnson - oh what a great phone call! Out of everyone that could have been on the other end of the line, the was not a more perfect person. Not only is Jim a fantastic person and a role model, but I consider him a mentor and always enjoy conversing with him. Jim and I owned Philly rock ;-). Jim now has his hands fun managing Omnisoul though we still keep in touch with e-mails, though our bands, and phone calls. Jim was calling to let me know that a few of the Omnisoul guys were chilling with Jealousy Curve and was going to give me the address, but I had too much to do. I gave him a brief synopsis of my sad day and we talked industry chit chat and about our bands. It was great to talk with him, we're on the same level and of course it's always nostalgic. Funny, we were talking about radio and promotion and the guys visiting certain US and Canadian stations, which snowballed to general radio play. Jim asked me how I felt having most of the bands that I have liked and supported for years finally break on through, not talking about radio, but just popularity in general. Midas touch...it's definitely reawarding, but still frustrating. He's full of passion and the next chapter is approaching. So exciting!

But yeah, Jim and Omnisoul and super keen and hooking me up with comps for their show at the House of Blues tomorrow night. I can't wait, I feel like it's Christmas Eve. Though I have seen the guys at the Merc and stopped by the studio and there is always AIM - I am in dire need of a full fledge Omnisoul rock show. I need my face rocked off - Grape Street style. Hahaha - remember when our body parts would be rocked off?!?! That's a great one, Matt.

I'm so happy.