"I'm spinning round the room in awe" ryan adams

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Thursday at the Deer Park

Thursday was a long day that ended on a good note.

Started off the day at the TV studio then wandered over to Rainbow to close the store. I was freaking out most of the day due to a ton of stress that I have found myself in, so not only was a tired and frantic, I needed to go out. Dan had called me while at Rainbow and said that the place to meet after band practice was Deer Park. I was so there.

While walking over there, I was checking my vmail and got an awesome message from Rod that made my day. Justin (Jonasay...sigh...) was at the Funk Box and saw Marlon Spike and Stone Gato. I can't beleive it and I am so happy that he was at the venue.

Met up at the Deer Park and I shared my various stories on all the complications in my life that fell on me. The guys reaffirmed me - which made me feel great. We decided that drinking must ensue, and it would happen at McDermott's. Chris told McDermott to pick up Gatorade and watermelon vodka. Awwww yeah!

Chris and I walked to his car down Main Street as he put flyers on cars on the street. I say that cars with their sun roofs open are fair game. Ran into Derek in line at the Balloon.

Chris makes me a drink of the stuff that dehydrates you, and the stuff that hydrates you. Also something really bad for your body, and something good for your body. Gatorade should be mixed with booze all the time. We drank and watched HBO's Taxi Cab Confessions, taking a drink for every stupid thing said. Needless to say, we drank a lot. The quote of the night had to have been "single like Jesus". Chris ended up documenting the quotes, so hopefully they will be posted.

Chris said that he doesn't like it when I call him LoPresto and asked if I knew McDermott's last name. Tough, and yes. Just kidding - there are just so many Dans and Chris' running around! Oliver and Elise stopped by with creamy chocolatey booze in hand. We called it a night and my day was so much better then compared to how it was when I woke up.