"I'm spinning round the room in awe" ryan adams

Friday, September 27, 2002

It is pretty sad that I cannot even recall how many times I have run from the Scrounge to some other part of campus.
Well....we taped the first episode of the THIRD season of Center Stage. I can't beleive it. Thank you to Cinema 8. I can't even conceptualize on how great this season is going to be. So of course when we have to lub hundred of pounds of equipment a quarter mile, it rains. No, it doesn't rain, it pours. Hard. So Dave, Matt, and Aurora took the equipment to the scrounge while I engineered the studio class. Dave calls from a payphone saying that we need more battery. The concert was going to start before i could get there so he said for me to just bring it when i come. No no no no no. SO I have 20 minutes. Countdown begins. I quickly grab all the canon batteries i can, shove them in a trashbag, tell the professor that i am going to run to the bathroom, then I run out of Pearson, and down Academy to the Scrounge. Running like a banshee holding a trashbag. I got beeped at. Twice. But i made it, soaking wet and out of breath, but I made it. Then I ran back. No questions ask. There are no obstacles for Center Stage.
The show went soooo well. Well, besides my loss of hearing......Nothing like standing right in front of the speakers with a headset that only amplified the sound for two hours. Yeah, I cant even hear myself type. It's a wonder that I am not deaf now.But the show was incredible and the guys are great. A thousand thank yous. It will be airing October 9th at 11 pm on STN. Hopefully I will be able to get a short clip or two onto the website.
Oh yeah, and we had to take all the quipment BACK. And the only thing worse than taking the equipment there in the rain and coldness and darkness is that it has been raining for 5 hours since we got there which only means the puddles got bigger. We were soaked, but it was fun. This was great.
So today I gained a few things.....
almost deafness and pnuemonia
oh yeah and a kickass crew and show!!