"I'm spinning round the room in awe" ryan adams

Friday, November 29, 2002

Oh geez, I have not blogged in a while....
"I'm writing you to catch you up on places I've been..." -john mayer

I guess I will start in chronological order....I have been horrible at this lately...so a new blog for every exciting day...

Let's go into the time machine to Friday...

Off to Arlington, VA to see another Jonasay show. I'm laughing at myself just thinking about writing the misadventures of that evening. First off, we got lost. Imagine that, me driving and not getting from point A to point B obstacle free. A novelty.
Get to the wonderful Iota and it was packed which was great. Hello vodka and coke. Great great great show, the best one I have seen them put on so far. I really have a lack of color commentary when i write about an event a week later. Bear with me. Aurora was in SC and we did the whole cell ohone thing during a concert. No one did that five years ago and now everytime I go to a show there is at least one person holding up their cell phone during at least one song. It's like an added person at the venue. A call saying "i wish you were here and now you are". Now that I think about it, I beleive I do that a lot. I wonder if I look like a dork. I just sat here for a few minutes trying to recollect the first time I did the phone concert thing and remembered when Nate called me and held up his phone so I could hear the radio in LA. I believe he was in a pool hall and John Mayer was on the radio, well, before he was on the radio now. That was a first. Mobile to mobile radio experience. So yeah a few drinks later....see, I haven't really drink drank drunk a lot lately, one factor being time, the other money. So here is where the embarrassment begins....I don't quite remember all of it, just slight recollections, so here we go....
I had to give Michael two copies of their Center Stage video, but after the show I looked in bag and found no videos. SO I tell him that I have no idea where the videos went. He then informs me that I already gave them to him after the show. After the show? What the hell, it was just after teh show and I defnitely didn't give them to him. But he said I did, so I must have, but where did those minutes go.....? I don't even know how long this ordeal lasted, but I kept showing Justin my striped socks and talked to Mark about various forms of wildlife. Mark told me that he most enjoyed when I staggered towards him saying that I wasn't driving. No, really...? :-) At another point, I handed Aurora my phone where Justin proceeded to tell her that I was "fucked up and never saw that side of me before". Haha. Hmmm I am sure that if anything esle comes back to me, I will inform you....
Onwards to the parking garage! Did you know that parking garages in Arlington close at 2:30 am? Yeah, well we didn't. I told the security gaurd in my drunkeness how we were from Delaware and not there and HAD to get out. I guess he obliged. I remember riding in the elevator and getting off on the wrong floor and running to not my car...
Babbled in the car a lot, I tend to do that, at least it's semi coherent bablle when I am sober, when i am drunk I think its more like aimless sleep talk. Then I pass out.
Hello Newark and the sunrise.