"I'm spinning round the room in awe" ryan adams

Tuesday, November 12, 2002

All of my days have seemed to blend together recently. Work. Sleep. Eat. Concert. Not all in that order and not all entirely in one day. Especially sleep. Haha. But again, was another day at the record store, i swear I think I have worked 10 days straight there. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but it was hard for me to figure out what day Sunday was. Mondays adventures were a lot more enjoyable at Rainbow so I will write about that after...

Sunday...work from open to 4 pm then off to edit the jonasay tape....
6 pm, i change into my pajamas and pack up my coffee maker because i knew that it was going to be a long night. Dave and Aurora show up shortly after and we start the long grueling task of editing. Ok, let me set the scene...we have about 2 hours of footage that goes onto a video cube. This is all located in the hell that we refer to as "The White House". This building was the President's old house that was converted into the editing rooms on the 2nd floor. We have one room with the editors and another room with computers and a very scary bathroom. And it smells. We worked so hard on this video. It's nearly perfect. It's incredible. around 11 pm we ran out of coffee. 11:30 the pizza came and we ate in the hallway because we couldnt stand to be anywhere tv related. Then back to editing. 3 am came so quickly. Then a storm. We lost our senses shortly after that. It was hilarious, both Aurora and I couldn't even function anymore or do menial tasks, like talk. We figured that we should just work throughout the night to get this video done. It was too perfect to leave alone. At 8 am we were done and so happy we nearly cried. nothing like listening to Jonasay for 14 hours. More than half a day we worked on it staright. I think we have lost our minds. We're such dorks that we even had "favorite parts" because you know, watching for 14 hours we should have been sick of it hahaha. Ugh and WISH. SO that was the first clip we loaded since it was the first song. But the editors were screwy so whenever we double clicked a certain thing, it would revert back to the first clip loaded, which was "Wish". Wouldn't have been a problem, but everytime we expected a different song it was "Wish". It haunted us. And at 5 am the last thing we want to see are clips in random places where they should not be! haha. There was even one time we werefooled...it was the audio for a different song...but oh no, the cube was too wise and underlayed the video for Wish. That damn song hates us ;-)
So yeah after the marathon and the perfect video, i went to bed at 9 am and woke up at 2 pm to go work at the music store....
It was Jen, Max, and I. There is a reason that Raf doesn't schedule Jen and I to work together. We made ninja stars out of old cds. I love Rainbow. Where else do you get paid to listen to Boston and make deadly weapons?
And today...I had a fun filled day at Rainbow again :-)
This time Chris was defenseless against Jamie and I. Jamie told me I couldnt leave work this evening because I made her laugh all day. And the UPS man is on our hit list. And no, not the hot one with the wife and kids (man, that guy can NOT keep coming into the store with his uniform on....) but this other one that sat outside of our store for like an hour with all of our cds in the back of his truck. you cannot do that on pearl and jay z day, we had angry customers that i didnt want to deal with! I also don't think Chris enjoyed me and Jamie serenading him. But I do love our new store. I thought our stalker window would be bad...the whole front of the store is now a window. Raf caught me staring out it the other day, apparently for too long, and informed me that people can see me watching them. Whoops! It's like a fishbowl. I;m a fish. I want to be an angel fish.