"I'm spinning round the room in awe" ryan adams

Friday, November 21, 2003

"and all i want to be is the minute that you hold me in"

Last night Matt Nathanson played at the Scrounge. Michelle came down to see the show and it was just like old times, except that it was free and at our alma mater rather than costing money and in Philly.
Aurora and I met her there, along with five hundred million other people. But we are swift and went from behind the stage to standing up right in front of the door. Go us. The guy next to me smelled an awful lot like Parrot Bay and we were relieved that other people are as much of boozers like we are. Though we didn't drink before this show, no time.
Matt Fish and Matt Nathanson took the stage and played an hour and a half of new and old stuff. Matt Nathanson has been a long time favorite artists of mine, but I haven't seen him perform in about a year, so it was a much welcomed show, though I think he still used 75% of the jokes as before. But it's ok, he is great. Definitely one of the strongest songwriters out there, simply beautiful. It's refreshing to see that so many people appreciate and enjoy good music. Especially since I have been overwhelmed by the inordinate amount of twenty-somethings purchasing the new Britney Spears.