"I'm spinning round the room in awe" ryan adams

Saturday, November 08, 2003

back when he was underground in a gritty bar

I find solace in the perfectly crafted cup of peppermint tea, and realize that its one thing thats tangible and makes absolute sense right now.

While Michelle was in college, we were best friends and nearly inseperable. She graduated a year before me and unfortunately time and space has taken a toll on our friendship, but that unwritten law of loyalty remains and we always pick up where we left off, which is never far from the path from which it originates. After the Michael W. Smith show, I headed up to Iron Hill to meet up with her and Tim. I think that even years from now, apparently the magic number is 30 - the age I will be when I finally give Tim his CDs, we'll find each other still lost within our direction and still looking for guidance and humor in one another. There will always be beer, asses to check out, and critiques on other peoples' clothing.

It's comforting to know that someone else, specifically Michelle, has been sharing the feelings of despair and exhaustion and confusion that I have been going through. We've always said that thing shave worked out for us, for the better, and without any effort. And granted we like the be challenged and thrive on competition and being the best that we can be in whatever we do, but its frustrating when you do not know where your efforts are being recieved and you just can't try anymore. And you wonder if its even worth it.