"I'm spinning round the room in awe" ryan adams

Friday, November 07, 2003

"say that you'll be the queen of heartbreak avenue"

It was raining in New York City on a Monday, and I walked around barefoot. There was a girl on the corner of Sixth Ave huddled in her blanket crying and shaking. I was watching her from across the street waiting for the light to go from don't walk to walk wondering what was going through her mind. We all have feelings were we just want to break down no matter where or who in front of, and what possibily could have happened in her life that effected her so much at that moment. As I am crossing the street, the first person that walked past her kneeled down, held her, and asked her why. It was saddening to think that that occurence probably wouldn't have happened in Newark, but I witnessed such beauty in the largest and busiest city in America.