"I'm spinning round the room in awe" ryan adams

Tuesday, March 16, 2004

a hoboken kind of evening

This past weekend was absolutely amazing and Friday couldn't come fast enough.

Started off the day at the record store then off to WVUD. Chris and Derek sat in with me to help promote the show on Saturday. Chris brought his keyboard and invaded the airwaves. He and Derek performed The Greater You and it sounded great. Derek talked about money a lot, and Chris mentioned Sting's virility. Fun times. I'll mention more about that later.

Off to Hoboken for Maryellen's birthday bash! Chris sat in my passenger seat and noticed that the heated seats were on. So he had the bright idea of turning it on way up when we picked up Dan. At Dan's we evealuated the CDs and iPods in tow and we also had the option of the radio. I made a comment saying that no matter what, we won't be riding in silence since we will have some type of music available for the 2 hour trip. Dan noticed when he got in, but of course Chris and I pleaded ignorance. Our seats were perfectly fine. I told Dan he broke my seat. Dan tried to use my cassette player to hook up Chris's minidisc player so we could listen to the WVUD show from earlier and ended up locking my stereo system. I was not being serious when I talked about riding in silence a few minutes earlier! I blamed him for breaking that as well as my seats. He ended up fixing it though after Wawa so the drama didn't last long - until we got gas. Riding along 95 listening to something Chris had on his iPod that will now give me nightmares, and my car lurches and stutters as the RPM goes sky high and then I had no gas. This happened a few times and I pull on the side of the road and panic. Since Dan already broke my seat and stereo, I blame him for this as well. Just kidding. We smell gas and Chris mentions it could be the gas line. So we brave the roads again and I go on a back road and I guess my car got its problem out of its system, but still it didn't need to happen! I am no longer an EZ Pass virgin. Chris exclaimed that if one person should have EZ Pass, it should be me. Yeah, the reason I don't have EZ Pass is because I have $-5.34 in my checking account! Chris fell asleep in the back as Dan and I navigated through Jersey City cutting across multiple lanes.

I am the worst at parallel parking, as most have witnessed, so I hop out and have Chris drive my car. He finds an excellent spot. We find a quick an easy food place. Chris and I eat the green pizza. Not sure what was on it, it was green. Because the more food we eat, the more our bodies will love us at the open bar.

But my poptarts are done and I have to be at Rainbow in 15 minutes, so I will start part 2 of Friday night sometime at work. Enjoy. This reminds me of a quote from one of the best movies of the 90's:

"Now, I'm sitting in class enjoying a late breakfast when out of all the classrooms in the school, she walks into mine! And where does the teacher sit her? Right next to me! Up until now, one could write this off to coincidence. But then she reaches in her bag and pulls out a strawberry Pop-Tart - the very same breakfast pastry I was consuming at that moment! What was I to do? How was I to proceed? "