"I'm spinning round the room in awe" ryan adams

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Boston...continued

Days ago, Akiva told me that he would be playing in Boston with Todd Martin and to tell some people. Not too long after that, I picked up Aurora from work and told her my new found knowledge and to pass it along to Jackman and company. We both didn't sleep well the night before and it was before noon, so we obviously weren't thinking clearly when sometime on route 7 it was decided that we would go to Boston. We decided not to talk about it, because if we talk about it, we would come to our senses and that is never any fun.

I went to Konopkafest on Thursday, with the Cabrio packed and ready to roll. After IKE performesd, Aurora was off of work, so I picked her up and we went to Wawa for the usual: cash, coffee, snacks, and fuel. We made some phone calls, then headed north - at one a.m. Our whole plan was to barge in on Jackman and scare him before he went to work since we'd get into Boston before he left.

On the way, Aurora got a distrubing phone call from him, which made our car ridem ore frantic. I love driving at night and it wasn't too bad. I still need to teach her how to drive stick, but for the most part, everything was good. We had our boys playing on the stereo and the stars guiding the way to Cambridge.

As we rolled into town, we realized that the people driving, we driving to WORK and we were just driving to sleep. People were also running. Ugh. We arrive around 6:30 a.m. and unlock the door. Stupid chain lock!! After trying to open it from the outside, we knock and scare the shit out of Jackman. Went upstairs and crashed.

Woke up around 2pm to find Jackman had escaped work early. Watched some TV and just lounged around before the show. We made it to Inman Square after asking for directions only once. We were craving ice cream, but settled for coffee and chai.

The room was small and we were a bit indimidated by the folding chairs. Trying to find an appropriate time to walk in, we decided midsong was best. Jackman first, then I followed discreetly. Until Aurora accidently stepped on my shoe and I tripped right into the room. Awesome. We found seats and sat quietly. Aurora and I should never ever ever be allowed to sit next to each other ever. I can't remember everything said, but enough that we had to stifle laughter more times than we should. Akiva slid in a little Ashlee Simpson and apparently I made a look. I don't remember. He had one more song left, so after being poked by Aurora, I said "track ten" as Matt, in front of me, said "Faithful" I think. Since great minds think alike, the song was played.

Todd Martin busted out a little Matty, Howie, and Damien, so all was good. For having huge, ancient speakers, the sound was good. Not as familiar with his stuff yet, but that will come in good time.

Afterwards we headed to the Joshua Tree, which was closed for dancing, so we went across the street to eat and watch the Olympics. Guys next to us were talking about Dewey Beach and that made us happy.

Tried to get a few hours of sleep, but noooooooo....my drunk friends had to keep calling and texting me. I couldn't turn my phone off because it was my alarm. So I think I got about an hours worth of sleep.

Hit the Dunkin Donuts for bagels and coffee, and made it home in record time.