"I'm spinning round the room in awe" ryan adams

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

pasta and american idol

Yesterday was pretty slow at work - aside from the usual phone calls, faxes, setting up meetings, researching fan sites, gathering the industry buzz for the day, and proofing lyrics. I was all set to go home and work more until Maryellen got a hold of me before I left the office and invited me over for dinner. Oh yay! I think Maryellen has cooked for me more than I have cooked for myself since I have been here! But you can never deny good company in the presence of wine and pasta. American Idol was on, so we glued ourselves to Fox and of course critiqued everyone that "sang". I think this is three seasons strong where Maryellen, Chris Morita, and I have tracked the series. We then had cookies and ice cream while deliberating the weekend's plans, which are still up in the air. No matter how hard we scheme or plan, we're still not going to have any control. Such is life. :-)