"I'm spinning round the room in awe" ryan adams

Thursday, January 20, 2005

mini nyc adventure

Maryellen is going to be sad...I am not writing about what she wants me to write about...because I am way too sleepy!
But I swear, tomorrow hopefully I will catch up on various events that have been going on up here...I blame the LDE boys for my lack of sleep and time during the past week.

Instead, I will tell you of my grocery shopping experience because it is chock full of fun...or at least, the only thing I did today aside from work. I stayed an hour later at the office then jetted a few blocks away to the grocery store. I had to keep reminding myself that I am in NYC and can only buy what I can carry. I spent about 20 minutes in the produce section because I didn't understand it. Apples, noth organic and conventional, were in three random places and I found tomatoes all throughout the store. Odd. I still forgot coffee creamer. Damn. I didn't even anticipate a city grocery store line, but hell, it was long and for being 8:35 on a Thursday night, I can't imagine how it is during the afternoon. I feel all urban and adult because I bought one of those reusable canvas grocery bags. It's now rolled up nicely next to the box of food that is sitting in my room that I haven't had the time to put away yet. Maybe sometime next week...because this weekend I will be in DC. Yay for DC and Jen and Hillary and Omnisoul and Wawa and Starbucks and roadtrips.

So then after my 11 hour work day (I count the commute in with that), and my joyous trip the the grocery store, I came home, ate, watched 15 minutes of the Apprentice with my roommates, showered, and now I am here using my 15 free minutes before bed to say hi. Actually, it's 11:09 and I wanted to be in bed by 11. I feel so old. No, wait, I don't have to get up till 8, I am just using this extra hour to compensate for my lack of sleep in the past few days. So I am not old, I am just refueling...