"I'm spinning round the room in awe" ryan adams

Friday, March 25, 2005

Schiavo

My conservative friends are probably going to blast me, but I don’t care. I can see an early morning rant from Pittenger brewing ;-). So yeah, if I am ever clinging to life in a hospital bed for YEARS having a tube siphon sustenance into me, PULL IT. There, it is public. I don’t ever want to be sitting in a hospital bed for years in a consistent vegetative state. Pull it pull it pull it pull it!

That isn’t living.

Take all of that extra money that would have been used to keep me hanging on a string and donate to education so that others can live a life and flourish.

I think her parents are selfish. Their daughter has been like that for more than a decade, what more do you think can happen? I’m not being cruel - I know how hard it is, a good friend of mine was in a gruesome accident and was on life support. She died two days later. She hasn’t gotten better, only worse. She is hardly responsive. She’s alive yes, but merely a shell not living a life, but being conscious.

ARGGGGHHHHHHHHH.