"I'm spinning round the room in awe" ryan adams

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

visitors are fun!

After working late, I had the pleasure of being reunited with friends in the city :-). Maryann is on spring break, as is Emily (who is studying in London) and the two reconvened for the day in the city. The two were shopping with Pete, Emily's boyfriend, when I got off work and conveniently were a block away from me.

We played hide and seek with our cell phones on 34th Street and finally met up between the orange bags and the sparkly flip flops. We popped into Old Navy - in search of a bag, but were distracted while in search for a bag. As Maryann and I shared our dramas, we both agreed that the new bermuda shorts are not hot and should be burned - though Em claimed that they are coming back in style and seemed yay too happy about it.

Have I mentioned how much I love the lower east side? We stopped by Pete's before finding dinner. Apparently he had a cat, but we didn't beleive him since it was missing for two hours. The fridge and freezer were checked and finally Pete found her hidden in a box. Better in the box than frozen. Victory!

We played in the rain and gave up on our hoods and umbrellas as we walked to the pub. We were drenched while eating. We schemed, plotted, planned, shared stories, and acted as if we were Dr. Suess. At least we were the only ones there!

We said our goodbyes and I headed on the PATH to Hoboken as Maryann caught the bus back to Howell. Those three hours went by fast! :-( Aw - next weekend will come soon enough! What a wonderful beginning to the week. Oh, and I also still miss Rainbow.