"I'm spinning round the room in awe" ryan adams

Friday, November 29, 2002

SUNDAY
"I wake up everyday, go through the same routine
Go to work, come home, what does it all really mean?" pmb

Wake up and walk to work. One of the highlights of my day is my walk to work. It's about a half mile and about 3 songs depending on the cd. The familiar sights and sounds and people make it feel like home. Too many people around here either take the town for granted or totally ignore what lies within the streets. In ten minutes I pass the skater kids outside Switch with a flying mermaid on the wall, the tarot card man on the stone fence, and colored chalk drawings on the sidewalk. My favorite aspect of our new store are the fishbowl windows. For hours I can watch the town go past me. People watching, lights changing, time passing. The stores that surround Rainbow are like a family, we all have the same customer base and all know each other. I can't even count how many times we have left one store to go to another while still working. The walk to work reminds me of the secluded bubbles that too many people immerse themselves in. And reminds me where home is.