"I'm spinning round the room in awe" ryan adams

Sunday, January 18, 2004

meet me in london for a drink

I must start out this entry by celebrating the fact that Ames shot his 200th 3 pointer last night and UD Men's Basketball topped ODU. Aurora and I listened to the end of the game on WVUD while driving to Baltimore and we freaking out when Ames' 200th shot with 1.8 seconds left in the game won it for them. We screamed and beeped then put in some Graham Colton.

We battled the snow and ice and stupid drivers on 95 and arrived at the Funk Box shortly after LDE took the stage. We ran late because I got out of work later than expected and the weather sucked. Chris, the new guy - or i mean, "the guy", had to get our approval, and well, he immediately got it. Damn, I don't think we can take it. So yeah, we danced and sang and made fun of the crazy girl dancing in front of us. I don't think this chick had a spine because her body was flailing about all over the place. It got to the point that guys would run up and dance with her just to say they did and people covertly took pictures of her antics, it was great.

I got to hear "Meet Me in London", I was afraid we'd miss it, which is one of their new songs, and my favorite of the new ones out there. I can't even tell you how good this album is going to be. It was so weird to not see Javi on stage, but even worse when LDE played Rabies, which is the song where Javi goes nuts in with his dog hat. But the guys were on it at the Funk Box, though there was some sound difficulties. And Chris definitely fit right in. It will be interesting to see where they will be going with this new sound as they try to make 2004 their year. There are lots of surprises waiting... :-)

After the show, Rusty took us upstairs to the best green room on the east coast. I just love the Funk Box. Seriously, if you are a band, play there. Now. So we sat around and talked I guess. We definitely didn't drink. It was really chill. Ran around the venue sliding down banisters and jumping over baricades playing a game of hide and seek.

The guys will be leaving soon to head out on tour in Japan. I was chosen over Chuck to go, sorry :-P. LDE, Brad, and I will make sure Asia treats them well. Haha, if only I could leave Delaware and the USA for a month, but damn I can't. Unless...

But the LDE New England tour is coming up and that should be like the craziness of MMC7 times 80 million. The last week in March will bring us to Vermont, Massachusetts, Maine, a detour in New Hampshire, and New Jersey on the way back. Booya.