"I'm spinning round the room in awe" ryan adams

Saturday, February 14, 2004

tuesday night at the grape street pub

I joined Jamie going to the Grape Street to see Mr. North. I know he really likes the band, so i figured they must be good and are worth checking out. He picks me up and we go to the customary Wawa stop where I school him in my extensive Wawa knowledge including the southern most and northernmost Wawa's along with their strengths and weaknesses and injury reports. I may have frightened him a little :-). I also informed him of the delectable sweet cream stuffed pretzel treat, which he tried and enjoyed. We got our sustenence and headed up to Manayunk.

Jamie found the Jelousy Curve guys and we hung out with them most of the night before Mr. North came out. The guys said how amazing and rockstar the lead singer was. I found this amusing, then Jamie proceeded to tell me to not be scared, but in a few minutes he will be singing along with Mr. North like a little girl. The JC guys also said that if someone whipped out a gaydar, it would blip a little bit more due to all of the guys in the audience feeling slightly homoerotic during the performance.

But damn, the performance was awesome and they were so right. And oddly enough, there was a gang of underagers at the Grape for this show, but by the end of the show, they were gone. Hmmm. But yeah, Mr. North knew how to rock. Hard. Yeah!