"I'm spinning round the room in awe" ryan adams

Sunday, March 28, 2004

saint patty's day

I'll blog about my trip tonight, but for now you are graced with the details of my St. Patrick's Day. Never beleive any one of us when we say "oh we're gonna stay in...oh ok, I'll go out, but I am not drinking....ok ok ok, i'll drink, but I won't get drunk!"

Screw that! I think I knew I was done for when I exclaimed that the "pink was drink!". Regardless, the drinks were pink and they were a tasty $2. It was great hanging out with the girlies as we made fun of company we were with at Kate's. I am on my way out, so I will cut and paste Jen's journal entry because it pretty much mimics what I would say anyways... I'll add more later...


My goodness.
So we had planned for weeks to go out on St. Patrick's Day to celebrate Hillary's birthday and National Drink Alcohol Day. Only thing is, I had a presentation the next day, and Laurie an exam, so the two of us didn't intend on partying. I believe one of us even uttered "I don't even want to drink at all!" and we definitely said we'd leave by midnight. Let's see how that turned out:

Laurie, Hillary, Megan, Sasa, Jim, Brittany and her friends Chad and Mellora, and later Miranda all trecked to Kate's and surprisingly enough found a table. And $2 skyy drinks. Well, they're only $2, so Laurie and I figured it couldn't hurt to have one. Just one.

Saw Melissa Z, and we chased down the "distributer whore" that was handing out the beads to ask her some questions for documentary class. Now, I'm sure she was a sweet girl, and she was very helpful with what we asked. However, she was concave, and tanner than any blonde haired person should ever be, hence the tag of 'whore'. My apologies to any concave, blonde bronzed people out there.

Fast forward to 1am.

I have had 5 (yes, five) skyy drinks, and am off my ass. I've never had five of anything before ever. And I was the last one to brake the seal somehow. Something is wrong here. Laurie on the other hand, has had a pitcher, two beers, and two skyy drinks. And is as drunk as I am. And I think everyone else is too....

We head to D.P. Dough, where Miranda tells us her apartment is in the free Spark magazine, so we run outside to find one. She signs copies for all of us :) We get home, Hillary and I have some quality time, and Laurie and I pass out. No studying, no presentation work, just sleep.

So take it from me, when you go to a bar and people say 'I'm not going to drink' or 'I won't be out late' don't believe them. And don't go out the night before a presentation/exam/anything. And most importantly, no matter how dedicated you are to being responsible, $2 skyy drinks make the rules.