"I'm spinning round the room in awe" ryan adams

Friday, January 28, 2005

locked in on a friday morning

I loathe waking up. I try to sleep as long as possible by scheduling my morning routine perfectly to the minute. Being locked inside my own apartment wasn't a part of the plan.

I gathered my things, turned the knob, and nothing happened. It wouldn't turn. Now I know I am not the strongest girl ever, but I have never had problems with the door before! So I tried a few more times, still no luck. What was I do to, climb out my window 5 floors above?!? I was also stuck because I don't even know who my landlord is or my roommates' work numbers.

I grabbed a screwdriver and started operating on my door. I had to delicately balance the knob because I didn't want to lose the other end of it on the other side of the door. 25 minutes later I was finally able to force the latch out from the wall and now I have a gaping hole in my door.

Usually I am in the city by 9:30 and I make it to work by 9:50. Nope, by now it's 9:35 so I sprint to the PATH and make it there by 9:50. I then hop on the N train uptown and make it to 55th & 7th by 10:10 and stroll into work 20 minutes late at 10:20.
Sigh, at least it's Friday...

In the player today - The Arcade Fire, live Tyler Hilton, Lloyd Dobler Effect at the Logan House, and OK Go.